Junior Saving Account

This is available to children of adult members, from birth age up to the age of 16 years, when the account will be transferred and become the responsibility of the 'Junior'.

Is it easy to open a Junior Account?

boy dad credit card computer websiteYes it is easy and convenient. A child will be supported by a Trustee (the parent or guardian) who will open the Junior Account on behalf of the junior person, sign the application form and take the responsibility of the Junior Account.

Download and complete the application form and send it to Citysave Credit Union

If you have any problems regarding downloading the application form, please contact us and we will be happy to send one to you.

Start saving now and build up a ‘nest egg’ on your child's behalf.

How to start saving

Payments on behalf of a child can be made via:

· Payroll Deduction
· Direct Debit
· Benefits Transfer

For more information, please contact us on 0121 616 6200

What Happens When I Am 16 Years Old?

From your 16th birthday, you become responsible for your own account. The savings must then be managed by you as the named account holder. The named account holder is contacted by Citysave, and savings are automatically transferred to an adult Credit Union membership account. The original main saver may continue depositing into the account, but can no longer have access to the account.

Click here for the Terms & Conditions of the account

Introducing the Smartcash Card

If you want your child to be able to use a pre-paid Visa Debit card instead of walking around with pocket money then look no further than the Smartcash Card

SmartCash engage card websiteAs the parent you are able to control how much is loaded and even get reports on where the money is spent. The card comes with a mobile app that has everything the child needs to manage their account and even comes with some educational advice.

Click here for the Terms & Conditions of the account

For more information, please contact us on 0121 616 6200